Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicken Lettuce Cups

Serves 4-from Cooking Light

Sorry I don't have a picture for this one.  I was pretty and full of color.

1 lbs. ground chicken (have to buy at the grocery store, Walmart doesn't carry this)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 c vertically sliced red onion
1/2 c canned artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1/4 c. diced tomatoes
1 T chopped fresh oregano (I used dry....not enough flavor, buy the real stuff)
1 T chopped fresh parsley (I used cilantro)
10 pitted green olives (cut small-mine were large so I could pull out Cody's-would have been better small)
1/2 c. fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
1 T. fresh lemon juice
8 lettuce leaves (I used romaine)

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add chicken, pepper and salt to pan; cook for 3 minutes, stirring to crumble.  Stir in onions and next 5 ingredients (through olives); cook for 3 minutes or until chicken is done.  Stir in cheese and juice.  Spoon 1/4 c. chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf.

284 calories

The magazine says this is good served with 1 1/4 C. Orzo and Spinach-cook Orzo (package directions), mix orzo with 3 c. chopped spinach and olive oil until spinach wilts in a skillet-add 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment