Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thai Lettuce Wraps

Thai Lettuce Wraps- Vegetarian Times (Sept)
Serves 6

Sauce:
1/4 c. lime juice
1/4 c. sugar (too much I thought)
2 T soy sauce
1 T rice vinegar (I used red wine)
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
I added sriracha....=)

Filling:
1 8 oz pkg plain tempeh (The recipe called for 2 pkg and no chicken)
1 chicken breast (thinly sliced)
2 T vegetable oil
2 T minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 c. low sodium vegetable broth
1/4 c. fresh mint
1/4 c. lime juice
2 T shallots (I used an onion)
Then it calls for...but I didn't do this, I just added the sauce from earlier when the recipe calls for it
1 T soy sauce
1 T rice vinegar
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp chili sauce, sriacha

Toppings:
1/2 c. green beans, thinly sliced (oops I forgot this...still in the fridge)
2 c. bean sprouts
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, shredded
Fresh mint, cilantro, and basil
18 large lettuce leaves
1/2 c. peanuts

1. To make sauce: whisk together ingredients
2. To make filling: pulse tempeh in food processor until coarsely crumbled.  Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.  Add ginger and garlic, and saute 1 minute.  Add tempeh (and chicken-I cooked it all in one skillet and then separated them when I was done) and broth, cover and cook 5 minutes.  Uncover, increase heat to medium high and cook 10 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated.  Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Mound vegetables, herbs, and "meat" mixture on platter.  Let diners fill lettuce leaves with 1/4 c. filling and 1/4 c. topping-then add peanuts, sauce, and extra sriracha

appox. 112 calories per wrap, 8g. prot.

No comments:

Post a Comment