Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fish Tacos

Sauteed Fish Tacos (4 servings-2 tacos each about 290 calories+avacado)-from Cooking Light Aug. 2011

2 (1/2 inch thick) slices of white onion
1 c. bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 c. yellow squash
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 (5oz) Swordfish fillets-or tilapia/halibut
8 corn tortillas
1-3 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
1 avocado

1. Grill onion slices and bell peppers (I used the George Grill).  Remove from grill and let stand about 5 minutes.  Slice the onions and mix with salt, pepper, jalapeno, bell pepper, and squash.

2. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper (I did taco seasoning).  Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Coat the pan with cooking spray.  Add fish to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until flakes easily.

3. Warm tortillas.  Divide fish, vegetables, and avocado slices among tortillas.

Sorry there were no pictures of this-I was in a hurry to eat and move on to book club!  =)  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment