Saturday, August 13, 2011

Peanut-Chicken Satay

One of my favorite new recipes so far.  I got the idea from Cooking Light this month, but made it my own.  Maybe one of these days I will learn to take pictures of food.

2 chicken breasts
1-2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
2-3 c. broccoli
2/3 c. green onion
1 c. carrots-shredded or thinly sliced
Sriacha
soy sauce
3 T peanut butter
3 T water
2 T teriyaki sauce
Pita/Lettuce Wraps

1. Cook chicken in a crock pot, yes don't heat up the house!  I poured some soy sauce, sriacha, and teriyaki sauce over the chicken and let it go.  When it is cooked shred the chicken.

2. Whisk together peanut butter, water, and teriyaki sauce the make peanut satay.

3. Cut up vegetables and mix together in a a bowl with peanut satay, sriacha (to taste), and shredded chicken.

4. Put mixture into pita or lettuce wrap.

Sorry I am not better a measuring while I am making up recipes!  Add extra sriacha to anything and it will make it good.  =)

**Extra tip...Skinny Girl Sangria-really sweet and not very good.**

No comments:

Post a Comment