These are not very spicy, but sriacha helps anything with that problem. =) This is from Vegetarian Times-Oct.
Wontons:
2 tsp roasted sesame oil
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
4 c. chopped swiss chard (I used kale)
6 oz baked soy-seasoned tofu, chopped-I couldn't find this so I bought tofu and marinated it in soy sauce and alittle sriacha and then baked it.
1/8 tsp white pepper (I used black)
1 12 oz. pkg of wonton wrappers
3 green onions, chopped for garnish
1/4 c. chopped cilantro, for garnish
Sambal Sauce:
6 T. Chinese malt vinegar (2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar and 1 Tbsp rice vinegar)
6 T. low sodium soy sauce
2 Tbs. Sambal oelek (slightly sour Indonesian hot sauce) (I used my go to...sriacha)
4 tsp. maple syrup
2 cloves minced garlic
1. Wontons: Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add chard and cook 5 minutes, or until wilted. Transfer mixture to food processor and pulse until combined. Add tofu and pulse until combined again. Transfer to bowl and stir in soy sauce and white pepper.
2. Set wonton wrapper on work surface. Spoon 1 tsp (I did more) tofu mixture in center of wrapper. Brush wrapper edges with water, and fold wrapper into triangle around filling. Press edges to seal and place on slightly floured baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
3. Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook 10 wontons at a time in boiling water about 90 seconds. Remove from pot with slotted spoon and place on a plate. (I found they do stick together, so spread them apart)
4. To make sauce-whisk ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour sauce over wontons and garnish with green onions and cilantro.
5 wontons in a serving with 168 calories
I served this with some brown rice and soup. The soup I made was on the fly because my cousin Samantha wanted soup-so....chicken broth, carrots, jicama, spinach, cilantro, green onions, and soy sauce all heated up together.
No comments:
Post a Comment